You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
This content may be OUTDATED. Some information may be incorrect.
This guide provides instruction on configuring both Medical-Objects Capricorn and Monet software to import electronic results.
If you require any assistance with the installation or configuration, or if you have any questions, please contact the Medical-Objects Helpdesk on (07) 5456 6000.
If you have not Installed the Medical-Objects Download client, Please see the guide for Installing Capricorn on Windows.
Configuring Capricorn Software
Accessing the Capricorn Configuration Window
In some cases, the Capricorn may be configured as a service. See this guide for instructions on how to launch the Capricorn if it is set up as a service.
- To launch the HL7 Tray application, Go to Start Menu, All Programs, Medical-Objects and select the Medical-Objects Capricorn. Alternatively, You can go to C:\MO\Capricorn and run the Capricorn.exe.
- The following icon will appear in the tray. Double click on it to bring up the log window.
- When the log window is displayed, Click on the Configuration icon highlighted below, or select Utility and select Configuration.
Capricorn Configuration Settings
- Select Integration Options from the left hand panel.
- Set the Ack path to C:\MO\Capricorn\APPLICATION_ACKS
- Under Incoming Modifier make sure the Monet Modifier is selected.
- Make sure Convert to Pit and Preserve Sending Facility in PIT check boxes are selected.
- Select Server Parameters from the left hand panel.
- Enter the path to drop off results to - for this exampled we'll use C:\Pit\Hold
If receiving from Pathology and Radiology, Set the file paths as follows.
Pathology --> C:\Pit\Path
Radiology --> C:\Pit\Img
If the folders do not exist you must create them.
- Click Apply and OK to save your configuration.
- To access the result input configurations go to the ‘Monet palette’ window of Monet.
- Click on the check result Icon in the left pane.
- Click on the Configure Button shown below.
- The results input path screen will be displayed.
Importing Pathology & Radiology Results
- Download the pathology and radiology results from the external software provided by the Pathology and/or Radiology company(s) used at the Centre.
- Open [Monet].
- From the [Palette] screen, click the [Check Results] button to open the [Check Results] screen.
- Click the [PIT] tab and then click the [Check] button to import the new results into Monet.
- The [PIT Pathology Results] message box will appear advising that the results have been imported. Click the [Ok] button.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each Pathology and Radiology company from the external downloading software.
- Each pathology & radiology company data must be downloaded and subsequently imported into the [Check Results] screen one company’s group of results at a time. Do not combine the process of downloading the data for each company and then attempt to import them together.
- The imported results will display in the [Check Results] screen. The results will automatically match to a Patient if all the Patient’s details within the result file (the. pit file) match the Patient’s demographics in Monet.
- Where the imported results cannot match to a Patient’s file, a red cross will be displayed in the [Match] column.
- Click the [Match] button on the top toolbar to display the [Patient Match] screen.
- Type in the Patient’s name to perform the search and then click the [Match Again] button.
- No labels