- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This guide provides instruction on configuring both Medical-Objects Capricorn and MedTech32 to import electronic results.
If you require any assistance with the installation or configuration, or if you have any questions, please contact the Medical-Objects Helpdesk on (07) 5456 6000.
If you have not Installed the Medical-Objects Download client, Please see the guide for Installing Capricorn on Windows.
Configuring Capricorn Software
Accessing the Capricorn Configuration Window
|In some cases, the Capricorn may be configured as a service. See this guide for instructions on how to launch the Capricorn if it is set up as a service.|
Capricorn Configuration Settings
- Click on Ack Management.
Set the Ack Management path to the local import folder on the server or the network path on a workstation that points to the server import folder, For example:
(Capricorn installed on the server) --> C:\Medtech32\Acks\ (Capricorn installed on the Workstation) --> \\server\Medtech32\Acks\
- Click on Integration Options.
3.1 Check that the Incoming Modifier is set to MedTech32
- Click on Server Parameters in the left hand side panel.
Under the Message Output Directory (Main) set the results import path.
(Capricorn installed on the server) --> C:\Medtech32\HL7\In (Capricorn installed on the Workstation) --> \\server\Medtech32\HL7\In
- Click Apply / OK. Capricorn configuration is complete.
- Open the MedTech32 software. In the toolbar, Select Tools > Message Transfer > Message Transfer Utility.
- Select the Add New Configuration button highlighted below.
- This will open the New Configuration window. In Description, Type Medical-Objects. make sure that the File Format is set to HL7(H).
You will want to configure the file paths to the correct folder:
File Recieved Path: --> C:\Medtech32\HL7\In Received File backup Path --> C:\Medtech32\HL7\Bac Rejected File Backup Path --> C:\Medtech32\HL7\Reje
For Medtech Evolution, Please use the C:\Mo\Results\... directory. Make sure you are using UNC paths.
File Recieved Path --> \\server\Mo\Results\In Received File backup Path --> \\server\Mo\Results\Bac Rejected File Backup Path --> \\server\Mo\Results\Reje
Done correctly, It should look like the image below.
- You should see Medical-Objects in the Message Transfer Utility List. Click the process button to import.
|Please note that you will also need to configure the Import paths and the scheduler on the Server. Please see this guide on how to do this.|
Viewing Imported Results
Module → Inbox → Provider Inbox
Choose the filter button and set the date range and Attention field (it may be best to set this to "All(*)").
|Table of Contents|