This guide provides an overview on how to use the Medical-Objects Word Plug-in to send reports.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact the Medical-Objects helpdesk on (07) 5456 6000.
Using Word plug-in
Once installed, the Word plug-in feature gives you an icon in Microsoft Word to send your letters.
- In Word 2003 the Interface will look like below.
In Word 2007 the interface will look like below. If you would like the Word plug-in on the Quick Access Bar, just right click the Word Plug-in toolbar and select Add to Quick Access Bar in the menu.
In Word 2013 the interface will look like below. A new tab called Medical Objects (or Add-Ins in older versions of the Word Plugin) will be created in the program on installation of the Word plug-in. If this tab does not appear, Please contact the Medical-Objects Helpdesk for assistance on (07) 5456 6000.
- Write your letter in Word and then select the Send button. If you use the keys RE: and DOB:, the patient details will automatically be added in the next section.
When you have clicked Send, the following window will appear.
You may be asked to enter your passphrase at this stage. If you do not know your passphrase, Please contact Medical-Objects to arrange a reinstall of the software (07) 5456 6000.
- The Patient details have automatically been filled. You can change these if you wish by clicking the ... button beside Surname.
- You can select the doctor to address the letter to by clicking the Magnifying Glass in Addressing details. Enter the surname first, or a provider number and click OK. For more information on the Provider Lookup, see this guide.
- Back on the Report Details screen, Select the provider number you are sending from. In the report details section, click the drop down box under From.
- When you are ready to send, Click the OK button. You will then see a preview window like the one below.
- Once you click OK, a new window will appear asking if you would like to save the letter.
- Click Save to send, or cancel if you don't wish to save it. Keep in mind this will still send the message.
If at any time you need to check the progress of your results. The Web Activity Report will show you what results have been sent or received.
Capturing from Clipboard
An alternate method for sending correspondence is capturing from clipboard. This feature allows you to send messages from text editors that aren't Microsoft word.
- Press ctrl + c to copy any body of text from your clipboard. Alternatively you can select the text, right click and select the copy option.
- Locate the Medical-Objects icon in your tray and right-click. From here you will see the option to capture from clipboard.
- This will carry your message into the Medical-Objects Word Plugin. Any templates set up correctly will also automatically retrieve patient details, similarly to if you were sending from within Microsoft Word.
Web Activity Report
Once the Word Plugin is installed, You will have access to the Medical-Objects Web Activity Report. This report is only visible to the practice and Medical-Objects.
- To access the Web Activity Report, Right-click on the icon in the taskbar and select View Document Delivery as shown below.
- The first section of the report contains the name of your practice and the details of the machine it is installed on to. It also includes the directory the Download Client was installed in to, and the version it is currently running.
- The next area allows you to set the dates back to see if any results have been sent or received during a time period. This date can be set back up to three months. Any results beyond that time frame have been archived by the application. If you need to access these, Please contact Medical-Objects.
The following area of the web report looks at the results that have been received from other facilities.
As you can see below, the incoming reports are sorted under the names of the practice they were sent from, and by the date and time they were received. The first section of text indicates the acknowledgement by the software that the file has been received, the second section (with the green tick) indicates it has been imported by the practice management software.
The sending and receiving doctors are also listed, including their provider numbers.
The following area of the web report looks at the results that have been sent from the practice through Medical-Objects. Messages sent from the Referral Client will be shown here.
Much like the Received Reports section, It will list the names of the practices you've sent to, times, dates, Doctors names and provider numbers. It also has the Acknowledgements ticked in green, which will appear when it has been processed by the receiver.
Messages that cannot be sent
When Medical-Objects is used for sending for example; Trinity referral client and Word Plug-in, Some messages may not be delivered due to the recipient’s computer or software having complications and not being able to receive your correspondence. The diagram below shows the sections of the web report that provides details on the unsent messages.
As shown above, if you have messages that are located under Undelivered this means that the result/letter or referral cannot reach its destination due to either being in the process of registering a connection to the practice, or software or hardware issues at the receiving end. The software will continually try to send the result every 30 minutes, so there is no need to try and resend through Medical-Objects. However, it is advised to monitor the messages sitting in this section. If they remain there for a while you would be advised to fax a copy of the result/letters to the provider listed under that section to ensure delivery.
Reports That Are Addressed And In Transit
This section of the web report shows messages that are in the process of being sent. Results and letters have been sent to this provider before but are unable to at present due to hardware or software issue or the practice is offline. In this case if the results or letters are listed under the In Transit section for more than 24 hours please send a fax copy to the provider. If issues persist, Contact the Medical-Objects Helpdesk on (07) 5456 6000.
Messages that appear here will do so because of an issue with sending. It may be that the provider number is no longer valid or in correct - or simply caused by a permissions issue when the software is trying to send the message out.
If you require any assistance determining why these messages are causing issues, Please contact the Medical-Objects Helpdesk on (07) 5456 6000.
- No labels