You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
This guide provides an overview on how to set up your document template for the Medical-Objects Referral Client (Trinity).
For more advanced templates or design assistance, please contact Medical-Objects for support on (07) 5456 6000.
This is a basic guide for templates. For more advanced customised templates or services design please contact Medical-Objects for a consultation.
Template Construction for Trinity Referral Client
When creating your templates in your Practice Management System, there are a few guidelines to follow in order to make sure the letter is able to be recognised by the receiving practice management software (PMS). The receiving practice management software will often only import free text format successfully, therefore we have provided a guide to help with the design of your templates. In your template you can use the pre populating template fields provided in your practice software as a replacement for the text entries used in this guide. e.g. Doctors Name, Address, First Name, Last Name
While it is possible to send images through the Medical Objects Referral client, There are limitations on what can be sent. Most limitations depend on what the receiving practices software can handle. For more information about what you are able to send, Please contact the Medical-Objects helpdesk on (07) 5456 6000.
Referral Template Design
The following template shows the various techniques used to display your letters. Each technique used in the following screen shots will be numbered from 1 to 7.
- The center, left or right align tool in your text editor tool bar can be used to create your free text header as shown below.
The right align tool was used to display the practice providers
The referral client will detect the first provider number in the referral as the receiving provider. So to avoid this from happening Medical-Objects Trinity needs to be configured to ignore the sending practice provider numbers so that it will only detect the receiving provider’s details. (This will be shown in Setting Ignored Providers).
- The Left align tool was used to display the receiving practice details. If the recipient’s provider number is displayed, Medical-Objects Trinity will detect the receiving provider’s number and add it to the Referral To box. In order to detect the receiving provider’s details the referral client will scan the template letter for provider numbers that are not associated with the provider numbers in routing for the practice.
- The template must contain Re:[Patient Name] and DOB:[Patient date of Birth] This will enable you to automatically populate the report details screen. This is also required to validate the document for sending.
- Bullet points can be used to format your text, the receiving software will recognise the different types of bullets.
Simple tables can be used in your letter, on the receiving end the table will not be visible but the data in the table will still hold its formation.
If you use tabs, tab stops should be used; the standard tab method will not hold formatting after the transmission into the receiving PMS
Tab Stops can be set on the Microsoft Word ruler.
The headings "Current Medications:" and "Past History:" will convert any text following them into a medication or history table accordingly. If you don't wish this to happen ensure you use different terms for these sections
For example the following:
The Trinity Referral Screen
Once you have selected Ctrl + A then Ctrl +C the Medical-Objects Trinity screen will be displayed. As you can see the referral displayed below uses the same box numbers used in the template design stage.
This section will now explain how the layout of your template can reduce the time required to send referrals. The following numbered boxes correlate with the numbers used in the previous section, this is to show the outcome of the template design stage.
Step 1 Patient Details: You will notice the patient details have been inserted into the report details screen automatically. You must have Re: in the document to activate the Trinity Client.
If the Patient name follows the identifier Re: the Trinity screen will automatically insert the details in to the patient details for you as show below
If the Patient date of birth follows the DOB: the report details screen this will also automatically insert the details in to the patient details for you as show below
Step 2 Address Details: The provider you are sending to will be displayed in the Addressed To box if you place their details correctly with provider number as shown in the design stage of the template and the ignore local providers is configured in Medical-Objects Trinity.
Trinity Referral Screen
Template Result displayed in Medical Director 3.7
The referral template that we previously created holds its formatting. The table has not displayed the grid lines but has held the text arrangement.
Setting Ignored Providers
This section shows you how to ignore the local providers so that they do not display in the referral as a receiving doctor.
This step needs to be performed on each computer Medical-Objects Trinity is installed to.
- Right click on the Trinity icon in the system tray. Select Admin then Ignore Provider IDs.
- Once you select Ignore Provider IDs the following window will appear.
- Select Lookup to add the providers from your practice. The following window will appear.
- Perform a search for your providers associated with your practice, and repeat for each provider that will be listed on the electronic referral.
- Once you have added the providers, click OK on the Ignore Provider IDs screen.
The procedure is now complete.
- No labels