This section includes instructions for setting up the Medical-Objects Capricorn for sending through Genie. This step is designed to be included in the Capricorn configuration for Genie Here.
If you require any assistance with the installation or configuration, or if you have any questions, please contact the Medical-Objects Helpdesk on (07) 5456 6000.
If you have not Installed the Medical-Objects Download client, Please see the guide for Installing Capricorn on Windows.
For instructions on sending through Genie using Medical-Objects, See This Guide.
Configuring Capricorn Software
Accessing the Capricorn Configuration Window
In some cases, the Capricorn may be configured as a service. See this guide for instructions on how to launch the Capricorn if it is set up as a service.
- To launch the HL7 Tray application, Go to Start Menu, All Programs, Medical-Objects and select the Medical-Objects Capricorn. Alternatively, You can go to C:\MO\Capricorn and run the Capricorn.exe.
- The following icon will appear in the tray. Double click on it to bring up the log window.
- When the log window is displayed, Click on the Configuration icon highlighted below, or select Utility and select Configuration.
Capricorn Configuration Settings
Click on Manage Queues in the left hand side panel.
- Click Add.
Enter HL7 Outgoing for the Queue name.
Enter C:\Genie\Medical Objects\Outgoing\ for the Base Directory.
- Click on HL7 OUTGOING in the Queues to watch for messages pane and then click on Setup.
Click on Add in the window that appears and choose the following decorator from the menu that appears.
For this particular decorator, When you are returned to the queue building screen you will have to set *.HL7 (HL7 Messages) from the drop down for that Decorator.
Repeat Step 4 for the following decorators.
You must do them in sequence.Historically Convert REF message to ORU format was part of the queue before Route with Capricorn but is no longer needed for new configurations.
If you need to change the order of the decorators, you can click on the decorator in the queue and use the arrow buttons on the right hand side of the screen to change their priority.
If you get an error at anytime sending from Genie that looks similar to the following: EFTInvalidFormatCode:Invalid escape sequence format code ".RTF"' then you will have to add the following decorator after the Strip Illegal Characters Decorator.
Once you have added the Decorator, add to it the following code in its main settings box just under the Edit button.
Go to the Server Parameters option on the left hand menu. Here you need to Enter the Server File Prefix. Enter a 3 letter acronym for the practice. This prefix will be used when naming outgoing messages.
- Next go to the Setup Global Parameters. Set the Seconds to wait before processing files to 10 seconds. This allows Genie time to save the file completely before Capricorn tries to send it.
- No labels